Friday, February 10, 2012

I wanted to post more pictures of the house. These include the current state of the outside as well as what I found when I went by to check on it after Christmas. What a shocker!!

Front of house - lots of dead trees and limbs to clean up from the bad winter storm last year.

Front of house

Laundry room. The hot water heater was in the corner. The breaker box and all of the breakers were taken too (you can see the hole in the wall).

This is the kitchen as we found it. I had previously removed the cabinet tops and painted the cabinets when I lived there before. The thieves took the microwave vent hood and it looks like they were about to take off with the oven. They used the sleeping bag to cover the windows so no one would see activity inside the house. Thankfully, I took the fridge with me when I moved or it would probably be gone too!

The Living Room after the wallpaper and popcorn ceiling removal. The walls had to be textured because the wallpaper did not come off cleanly. I ended up really liking the outcome but I already have plans to repaint again when I get there.
 
This is the Master Bedroom. I love this color an may not change it at all - at least for a while. I'm not entirely sure how a king sized bed is going to fit in here but I'm going to give it my best shot!
 
The left is the bathroom as my folks left it. The right is after the vandalism. You can see the hole where the old toilet was and the missing cabinet. I had planned to replace the toilet eventually but they pushed my time table up a bit!

Before and after in the kitchen.

Now the fun begins!!! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment